Professional M.D. & English Workshop
Professional MD & English Workshop (PMEW) is a short term (2-4 weeks) and intensive professional program for Medical Doctor. The workshop provides the opportunity for the development of medical career and language skills in the USA health care system.
International Medical Doctors need to be proficient in English skills. The program focuses on the needs of the medical group who want to build professional medical careers.
- Acquire the necessary and proper English language skills to deal with patients and a health care team in a health care setting , as well as social situations in the American medical community.
- Learn the proper code of conduct and etiquette required in the medical community as a professional medical doctor.
- Enhance the advanced English communication skills (discussion, presentation, negotiation, phone, email and office memo) for effective management and quality improvement.
- Learn about the nursing educational system and the future of nursing in the United States.
- Develop a medical doctor career in the United States.
- U Mass (The University of Massachusetts) Boston campus
- The Academy at Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA)
- Hospitals in the Boston area (including Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals)
- Well organized curriculum: from general linguistics issues to knowledge-based practice.
- Qualified instructors: Harvard-educated English teachers/professional nursing instructors.
- Use of university resources, including privileged library, gym, dining, and more.
- Practical application of English: the certification issued by University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Tour of and visit to famous universities (Harvard, MIT, U Mass, Boston) and Hospitals including Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center
English Language Training and Cultural Understanding)
- American culture & society
- Discussion & staff meeting
- Debate & writing
- Research & writing/speaking for medical seminars
- Phone & language etiquette
- Medical English preview
Professional medical doctor workshop
- The Role of Medical doctor
- Medical practice in client care
- Medical law: current issues
- Health care management
- Medical practice specialty