Professional Nursing & English Workshop
Professional Nursing & English Workshop (PNEW) is a short term (2-4 weeks) and intensive professional program for nurse. International nurses need to be proficient in English skills. The level of English proficiency needed to perform nursing safely and effectively.
All nurses should be able to demonstrate both spoken and written English language proficiency. The workshop provides the opportunity for the development of nursing career and language skills in the USA health care system.
- Acquire the necessary and proper English language skills to deal with patients and a health care team in a health care setting, as well as social situations in the American edical community.
- Learn the proper code of conduct and etiquette required in the medical community as a professional nurse.
- Enhance the advanced English communication skills (discussion, presentation, negotiation, phone, email and office memo) for effective management and quality improvement.
- Learn about the nursing educational system and the future of nursing in the United States.
- Develop a nursing career in the United States.
- The University of Massachusetts (U Mass) Boston campus
- The Academy at Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA)
- Hospitals in the Boston area (including Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals)
- Well organized curriculum: from general linguistics issues to knowledge-based practice.
- Qualified instructors: Harvard-educated English teachers/professional nursing instructors.
- Use of university resources, including privileged library, gym, dining, and more.
- Practical application of English in medical setting: The certification issued by the University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Tour of and visit to famous universities (Harvard, MIT, U Mass, Boston) and Hospitals including Harvard Medical School Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center
English Language Training and Cultural Understanding
- American culture & society
- Discussion & staff meeting
- Debate & writing
- Research & writing/speaking for medical seminars
- Phone & language etiquette
- Medical English preview
Professional nurse workshop
- Nursing education
- Nursing practice in client care
- Nursing practice issues
- Nursing career management
- Advanced Nursing practice