Spoken English & Integrated Tasks (SEI)
The mission of SEI R&D is to expand and establish highly effective models for English learning in order to support social development projects of its parent organization (HSA/JG Corporation) which uses language educational resources to promote social development.
The target audience of our R&D and publishing includes: International students, immigrants in the United States as well as students and professionals outside the United States.
Our R&D and publishing aim at these four pillars:
- Build the fundamentals of The English language.
- Develop the art of communication, reasoning & analytical skills.
- Integrate communication skills and knowledge.
- Develop a career in the global economy.
- SEI R&D Institute also supports EDR (English Divide Reform) initiatives which aims at social progress through English education improvement.
Key Members for R&D
- Director Jay Jang (MPA, Harvard University; MBA, New York University)
- Senior Academic Advisor Mary Cazabon (Ph.D. of Applied Linguistics, Boston University)
- Administration Director Yuchung Jeong (MA-TESOL, New York University)
- TOEFL/NEAT R&D Program Manager Sunny Kwon (MA-TESOL, Boston University)
- ESL Education Program Manager Jules Shin (MA-TESOL, SIT)
- Senior R&D Members
- Sean Smeland (MA, Columbia University; BA, Yale University),
- Mitchell Miller (M.Ed. Harvard University)
- Miya Perry (BA, Brown University),
- John Sheehy (BA, Brown University),
- Eunyoung Park (M.Ed-TESOL, Boston University),
- Swann Lee (MA, UC Berkeley)
Key Members for R&D
|2001 – 2003||Develop e-Learning multi-media contents (Global Business)|
|2004||Present the effective learning model of Spoken English (based on cognitive linguistics) to at MIT|
|2008||Develop SAT Tutorial Books for Advanced Academic Study|
|2008||Design the program and curriculum for training of English teachers in East Asia,|
in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts
|2008||Develop Business & English education books: Vietnam, India|
|2009||Publish “US Taekwondo English for School Education”|
|2010 – 2011||Publish “SEI TOEFL” book series for academic English|
|2011||Publish SEI NEAT (National English Ability Test) books for Korean students|